Python Installation and Understanding Packages
Installing the Python language itself on most platforms is generally very easy.
However, the basic mechanics behind
package management can be confusing at first sight.
- Install Python and all packages needed for the rest of the workshops
- Understand the concept of Python modules and packages
- Learn how to find and install other 3rd party packages:
- using pip install
- using python setup.py install
- Know where Python files live
- Learn how to solve installation problems
- Understand the issues involved with multiple Python installations
|Authors:||Tom Aldcroft, Tom Robitaille, Moritz Guenther
|Copyright:||2011 Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory